PROJECT MANAGER IN GLOBAL SOURCING (PROCUREMENT)Montreal
- Education: A university degree or technical diploma in the areas of engineering, architecture, building or construction technology.
- Experience: at least 5 to 7 years of hands-on, procurement and rollout management experience. A solid understanding of procurement operations and financial scope of projects is required.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The procurement manager is responsible for evaluating and ensuring that suppliers are qualified in providing timely delivery and high-quality products within the expected price range and budget allocations. Skill in assessing price proposals and negotiating with sub-trades is required. Accurate analysis of shop drawings of metal and millwork fixtures is essential for adhering to design specifications and for prototype building. The procurement manager is responsible for planning the schedule and execution of all phases of the projects. He/she must ensure ongoing communication with client representatives to satisfy client demands and make the necessary modifications or changes in timely fashion. Team spirit and integration are key to the successful completion of projects.
- The procurement manager must have well-developed organizational, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong IT skills are required.
- Candidates are required to have good oral and written communication in both French and English and be available for travel.