SAJO is in search of dynamic individuals for the position of Project Manager in Design-Build Systems for its retail design-build operations.
PROJECT MANAGER IN DESIGN-BUILD SYSTEMSMontreal
Education: Bachelor’s degree required with a specialization in Construction Management, Building Sciences, Engineering or Architecture or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years project management experience in design-build, construction of commercial interiors and supervision of construction projects. The candidate must possess a strong background in the pre-construction process, planning and management of the design phase. A solid understanding of the operational and financial scope of projects is required as well as experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. General knowledge of all construction trades and scopes of work is of the essence. The incumbent will report to the Director of Design Build.
Communication: Strong communication skills in both French and English are required.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The project manager (PM) is responsible for implementing all phases of the project, ensuring quality and on-time delivery. Detailed budgetary planning and monitoring of project costs are key as well as establishing solid relations and ongoing communication with clients, sub-trades, site personnel and other stakeholders. A problem-solving mindset and quick response to changing operational or client needs is of the essence. Accurate and thorough documentation is required at all phases of the project. The project manager is a team player who is detail oriented, organized, adaptable, resourceful and able to work under pressure. Excellent management, negotiating and leadership skills are required.
- The PM interprets the project proposal and develops a work plan that ensures timely and on-budget delivery of the project scope. The PM coordinates site workers, subcontractors and vendors to ensure that project plans and specifications are being followed.
- The PM reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure the project scope, specifications, municipal code, and regulations are respected. The PM confers with leasing agents, design professionals, and clients to discuss and resolve matters of work procedure related to design-build issues.
- The PM prepares, monitors, communicates and controls the pre-construction schedule and manages critical deadlines at all phases of the project.
- The PM acts as the client point-of-contact from pre-construction to final project delivery, communicates the status of the project at all pertinent times and ensures client satisfaction.
- The PM monitors all work daily, tracks weekly project schedules, maintains cost control tracking reports and submits detailed budget estimates.
- The PM ensures quality and implements safety control measures throughout the duration of the project. Regular attendance onsite is an essential function of project execution.
- The PM processes all paperwork including change orders and monitors the project punch-lists to ensure timely completion and project close-out in accordance with company procedure.
- The project manager must have excellent management, negotiating and leadership skills and demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the use of digital formats.