SAJO, a well-established and constantly evolving company, which has specialized in the construction industry as a general contractor for more than 43 years and whose head office is in Montreal, is currently looking for a Coordinator or Assistant to the Project Manager for public institutional projects for the greater Montreal area.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Public Works, and to the Project Manager, the responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Modification to the contract, development of changes and site directives.
- Assist in the opening of site and administrative files and site completion documents.
- Follow up on the management of changes, contingencies, and directives.
- Work in collaboration with the Project Managers to fulfill completion of the entire project.
- Follow up on contract modifications with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in the process of invoices and breakdown for accounts payable and receivable.
- Analyze the invoices of subcontractors and suppliers with the project manager.
- Help the Project Manager to monitor the schedule, the budget (accounts receivable and accounts payable) and the quality on the site for the project.
What the individual needs to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Coordinator or Assistant to the Project Manager for public projects for a general contractor.
- Experience and knowledge of the public and institutional works market.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Thorough understanding of the procedures, tasks, and responsibilities of this position in construction for public projects.
- Sufficient knowledge of IT.
This person acts as a key person with the Project Manager to ensure the success and timely completion of ongoing projects. The individual must have good interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain relationships of trust with all stakeholders on the job site and in the office. This person must be able to resolve conflicting situations and manage stress in critical moments.
The person we are looking for is reliable, flexible and demonstrates positive leadership. He/she is able to respond quickly to changing operational and project manager needs. This person must have adequate technical skills and good organizational and management skills.
A series of advantages can be added to the offer depending on the profile of the person selected
- Group insurance plan
- RRSP contribution
- Reimbursement of professional expenses (Professional orders or others)
- Training and development plan
- Flexible schedule and possibility of teleworking
- Performance bonus
- Material benefit linked to work (car allowance, gas, etc.)
- And other possible advantages.