SAJO, a well-established company that has specialized in the construction industry for nearly 45 years and is headquartered in Montreal, is currently seeking an Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Officer for public institutional building projects in the Greater Montreal area.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHS) OFFICER – GENERAL CONTRACTOR BUILDINGS $10 TO $100 MILLIONMontreal
Reporting directly to the Director and Senior Project Manager of the Public Works Division, the responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer include establishing and enforcing occupational health and safety standards, assessing working conditions, identifying hazards and ensuring that construction projects are always completed safely.
- Establish and enforce minimum workplace safety standards for management, employees and subcontractors
- Review project plans and sites to identify hazards and ensure operations are conducted safely
- Visit project sites to assess ongoing working conditions to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Coach and mentor management on the identification of workplace hazards, while ensuring compliance by site workers, and creating a culture around safety
- Provide ongoing training to management and employees on workplace hazards, safe work practices, accident prevention, etc.
- Support internal audits to identify unsafe workplace practices and environments and intervene to implement corrective measures
- Investigate and analyze the environment, equipment and conditions related to all workplace accidents for future improvements
- Document and maintain safety related records
- Research and establish preventive measures and programs
- Bachelor’s degree or DEC in engineering, construction, health and safety or other related training
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in construction or related field
- Knowledge of provincial health and safety standards and regulations
- Worksite safety officer card (recognized by the CNESST) required
- Professional proficiency in French (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, MS Project, Outlook)
- Autonomy and strong skills
For more information, please send your CV directly to: Michel Khouday, Executive Vice President and General Director, Buildings & Infrastructures MKhouday@sajo.com
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME