SAJO, a well-established company that has specialized in construction for nearly 45 years and whose head office is in Montreal, is currently looking for a construction project coordinator for public building projects for the Greater Montreal area.
COORDINATOR OR ASSISTANT TO THE PROJECT MANAGER FOR INSTITUTIONAL PUBLIC PROJECTS – GENERAL CONTRACTOR BUILDINGS $10 TO $100 MILLIONMontreal
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Public Works, and the Project Manager, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Contract modification, development of changes and site guidelines.
- Assist in the opening of site and administrative files and end-of-site documents.
- Follow up on the management of changes, contingencies, and directives.
- Work in collaboration with the Project Managers to complete the overall project.
- Follow up on contract changes with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in the invoice process and breakdown for accounts payable and receivable.
- Analyze subcontractor and supplier invoices with the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in the follow-up of the schedule, budget (accounts receivable and accounts payable) and quality on site for the project.
What the individual needs to succeed in this role
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Coordinator or Assistant Project Manager on public projects for a general contractor
- Experience and knowledge of the public works and institutional market
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French
- Thorough understanding of the procedures, duties, and responsibilities of this position in construction for public projects
- Adequate computer skills
This person acts as a key person with the Project Manager to ensure the successful and timely completion of ongoing projects. The individual must have good interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain trusting relationships with all stakeholders at the job site and in the office. This person must be able to resolve conflict situations and manage stress in critical moments.
The person sought is reliable, flexible and demonstrates positive leadership. He/she is able to respond quickly to changing business needs and to the project manager. This person must have adequate technical skills and good organizational and management skills.
Additional benefits for the selected candidate
- In addition to the very attractive and advantageous salary conditions and the Group, Medical and Dental Insurance Plan for the candidate and his/her entire family, a series of benefits for the successful candidate may be added to the candidate’s offer depending on the candidate profile selected for this position.
*The masculine gender is used to lighten the text.
For more information, please send your CV directly to: Michel Khouday, Executive Vice President and General Director, Buildings & Infrastructures MKhouday@sajo.com
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME