SAJO, a well-established company that has specialized in the field of construction for nearly 45 years and whose head office is in Montreal, is currently looking for a construction project manager for institutional public building projects for the Greater Montreal area.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – GENERAL CONTRACTOR BUILDINGS $10 TO $100 MILLION￼Montreal
Reporting directly to the Senior Executive Vice President, the responsibilities of the Construction Project Manager include:
- Ensure the implementation of all phases of the project, the quality and the monitoring of deadlines.
- Document all phases of the project accurately and completely.
- Plan the budget in detail and track project costs.
- Read plans and specifications.
- Supervise the work of staff and subcontractors on site, solve problems and act as a resource person.
- Build strong relationships and maintain ongoing communication with customers, contractors, site personnel and other stakeholders.
- Help build a strong network and reputation of public procurement institutions and other strategic stakeholders such as specialized subcontractors, architects and engineers.
- Build an infrastructure of contractor networks to support the scope of business objectives and procurement requests.
- Formulate and complete targeted Requests for Proposals (RFPs), negotiate and administer contractual agreements and ensure regulatory compliance.
What the individual needs to be successful in this role
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a construction project manager for a general contractor.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the public and institutional works market.
- Knowledge of infrastructure procurement in the public and/or private sectors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French. (English is considered an asset).
- Thorough understanding of construction procedures and project management principles and systems.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing operational and customer needs.
- The Construction Project Manager must have excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills. The individual must be recognized for his positive leadership as well as his management and negotiation skills.
Additional benefits for the selected candidate
- In addition to the very interesting and advantageous salary conditions and the group, medical and dental insurance plan for the candidate and his entire family, a series of advantages for the person selected can be added to the candidate’s offer depending on the candidate profile selected for this position.
*The masculine gender is used to lighten the text.
For more information, please send your CV directly to: Michel Khouday, Executive Vice President and General Director, Buildings & Infrastructures MKhouday@sajo.com
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME