SAJO, a well-established company that has specialized in the field of construction for nearly 45 years and whose head office is in Montreal, is currently looking for a construction project manager for institutional public building projects for the Greater Montreal area.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERMONTREAL
Reporting directly to the Senior Executive Vice President, the responsibilities of the Construction Project Manager include
- Ensure the implementation of all phases of the project, the quality and the monitoring of deadlines.
- Document all phases of the project accurately and completely.
- Plan the budget in detail and track project costs.
- Read plans and specifications.
- Supervise the work of staff and subcontractors on site, solve problems and act as a resource person.
- Build strong relationships and maintain ongoing communication with customers, contractors, site personnel and other stakeholders.
- Help build a strong network and reputation of public procurement institutions and other strategic stakeholders such as specialized subcontractors, architects and engineers.
- Build an infrastructure of contractor networks to support the scope of business objectives and procurement requests.
- Formulate and complete targeted Requests for Proposals (RFPs), negotiate and administer contractual agreements and ensure regulatory compliance.
What the individual needs to be successful in this role
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a construction project manager for a general contractor.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the public and institutional works market.
- Knowledge of infrastructure procurement in the public and/or private sectors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French. (English is considered an asset).
- Thorough understanding of construction procedures and project management principles and systems.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing operational and customer needs.
- The Construction Project Manager must have excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills. The individual must be recognized for his positive leadership as well as his management and negotiation skills.
Additional benefits for the selected candidate
- In addition to the very interesting and advantageous salary conditions and the group, medical and dental insurance plan for the candidate and his entire family, a series of advantages for the person selected can be added to the candidate’s offer depending on the candidate profile selected for this position.
*The masculine gender is used to lighten the text.