SAJO, a well-established company specializing in the construction industry for nearly 45 years and headquartered in Montreal, is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager for public institutional building projects in the Greater Montreal area.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER FOR PUBLIC BUILDING PROJECTSMONTREAL
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Buildings, Construction, the Project Manager's responsibilities include
- Ensure implementation of all phases of the project, quality and schedule tracking.
- Document all phases of the project accurately and completely.
- Plan the budget in detail and track project costs.
- Read plans and specifications and enforce contract documents on site.
- Supervise the work of staff and subcontractors on the job site, resolve problems and act as a resource person
- Build strong relationships and maintain ongoing communication with clients, subcontractors, site personnel and other stakeholders.
- Help build a strong network and reputation with clients and other strategic stakeholders such as specialty subcontractors, architects and engineers.
- Demonstrate positive leadership, management and negotiation skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Construction Project Manager for public building projects for a general contractor.
- Experience and knowledge of the public works and institutional market
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French
- Understanding of the procedures, duties and responsibilities of a Construction Project Manager for public building projects
Additional benefits for the selected candidate:
- In addition to the very attractive and advantageous salary conditions and the Group, Medical and Dental Insurance Plan for the candidate and his/her entire family, a series of benefits for the successful candidate may be added to the candidate’s offer depending on the candidate profile selected for this position.
*The masculine gender is used to lighten the text.